Redemption through pasta and tiramisu

So, there's a local restaurant named Popolano's that I've been to several times over the years and on the last visit, the experience just wan't up to par. I know I shouldn't write off the place because I got one dish I wasn't pleased with. So, I returned last week with my husband and kids. Each year, when they go to visit Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Santa House in town, he gives them a little goodie bag that includes a coupon for a free kids' pizza at Popolano's. So, we decided to head over there and use those coupons before they expired.

As usual, I loved the salad and freshly made garlic dressing. Our server, Vinnie, was courteous and funny. The bread is something I look forward to whenever I visit. It's served warm and the butter just melts right into it. This time I tried the fettuccine with shrimp, which I think I've had there many years ago. I was pleased. My oldest son got a shrimp basket and I tried one. It was incredibly good with a light breading. I know that's what I'll be ordering the next time I'm there. He had a choice of sides and selected the homemade potato chips, which were great - very crispy.

I was full before finishing even a third of my pasta, but I couldn't pass up the tiramisu. I got some to go.


It looked much prettier before my son rolled the container over. It was as good as I remembered it. It lasted a couple days with me scooping a bite or two when I got the urge. If you're dining there in the fall, be sure to get the pumpkin tiramisu...a great seasonal twist on one of my favorite desserts.

Comments